Get the local time anywhere
What time is it in Bangkok right now? Ask Google. Enter simply
what time is it to get the local time in big cities around the world, or add the locale at the end of your query, like
what time is it hong kong to get the local time there.
Track flight status
Convert currency, metrics, bytes, and more
Find music and comic books
Make Google recognize faces
- site:digg.com free “desktop wallpaper”
- site:reddit.com free “wordpress templates”
- site:del.icio.us free “stock images”
- site:netscape.com free “ringtones”
- site:stumbleupon.com free icons
- Find Music: -inurl:(htm|html|php) intitle:”index of” +”last modified” +”parent directory” +description +size +(wma|mp3) “Counting Crows”
- Find Videos: -inurl:(htm|html|php) intitle:”index of” +”last modified” +”parent directory” +description +size +(mpg|wmv) “chapelle”
- Find Ebooks: -inurl:(htm|html|php) intitle:”index of” +”last modified” +”parent directory” +description +size +(pdf|doc) “george orwell 1984″
1. If you want to know if a person is a man or a woman and the name doesn’t help, do a search for the name.
2. If you don’t know the meaning of a word, the pictures may help you.
3. A better search for Flickr. Google uses information from other sites that link to Flickr photos, so you may find Google search better.
4. Find what’s interesting about a site, by looking at the pictures included. For example:wired.com.
5. Find a new wallpaper for your desktop by restricting your search to large images. You can automate this using an application.
6. Find random personal pictures, using standard file names from digital cameras.
7. Type the name of a painter and you can take an art class.
8. Install a Greasemonkey script so you can view the original version of the image directly by clicking on the thumbnail.
9. Find the color of a word. “Word Color is a windows program that uses Google Image Search to determine the color of a word or string of words. It goes out there, retrieves the top 9 images and loops through all pixels, calculating the average hue, which is later converted to a color.”
10. If you want to grab search results, GoogleGrab is a tool that downloads images from Google Image Search. It even supports batch search.
- link:URL = lists other pages that link to the URL.
- related:URL = lists other pages that are related to the URL.
- site:domain.com “search term = restricts search results to the given domain.
- allinurl:WORDS = shows only pages with all search terms in the url.
- inurl:WORD = like allinurl: but filters the URL based on the first term only.
- allintitle:WORD = shows only results with terms in title.
- intitle:WORD = similar to allintitle, but only for the next word.
- cache:URL = will show the Google cached version of the URL.
- info:URL = will show a page containing links to related searches, backlinks, and pages containing the url. This is the same as typing the url into the search box.
- filetype:SOMEFILETYPE = will restrict searches to that filetype
- -filetype:SOMEFILETYPE = will remove that file type from the search.
- site:www.somesite.net “+www.somesite.net” = shows you how many pages of your site are indexed by google
- allintext: = searches only within text of pages, but not in the links or page title
- allinlinks: = searches only within links, not text or title
- WordA OR WordB = search for either the word A or B
- “Word” OR “Phrase” = search exact word or phrase
- WordA -WordB = find word A but filter results that include word B
- WordA +WordB = results much contain both Word A and Word B
- ~WORD = looks up the word and its synonyms
- ~WORD -WORD = looks up only the synonyms to the word